Friday, January 14, 2011

AT&T vs VERIZON

The rumors have been swarming for a few years now and of course I'm pretty sure you all know by now that it is no longer a rumor...as of February 2011 Verizon will also carry the Apple iPhone. That means there's a choice now. We no longer have to suffer and deal with AT&T as consumers if we want the best smartphone on the market (well in my opinion.) 


Personally, I've about had it with the horrible customer service  from AT&T. However, is it worth it to switch to Verizon. I'm pretty sure that's the question on a lot of peoples minds. Let's weigh the pros and cons. Con #1 at the max there will be a cancellation fee of $325 to terminate an AT&T contract (although selling the phone on eBay the termination fee and the cost of the new phone would easily be made.) Con #2 Verizon's iPhone won't be able to handle data and voice calls at the same time. Being able to do both is a major plus for me. Pro #1 Verizon's voice quality is remarkable and AT&T on the other hand....let's not go there (No service and always dropping call smh)!!! Pro #2 better customer service. 


Weighing the pros and the cons it looks like Verizon is definitely leading overall as far as a better experience. However, I would definitely hate not being able to use voice and data simultaneously. Just for that one feature I think I'm leaning toward sticking out this long ride with AT&T. This is a tough decision....hmmmmmmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment